During our first round of public workshops for The I-81 Challenge, members of the public gave their input about roadway deficiencies on I-81.
Participants made observations about the corridor on a large printed map. Here are a few examples of what we heard:
- The I-690 interchange is congested and it is difficult to switch lanes.
- I-81 allows for a much quicker commute.
- The Brighton Avenue and I-81 North on-ramp area make bike riding to Syracuse very difficult between Dewitt and LaFayette.
- I-81 creates a dangerous pedestrian experience from University Hill to downtown Syracuse.
- The I-690 and I-81 interchange needs to be more accessible.
- Coordinated traffic signals on Salina Street would help move traffic faster.
What do you think? Do you drive on or near I-81? Do you live near I-81? Do you walk near or under I-81? Are there issues that need to be addressed?
You can share your thoughts through an interactive map in the virtual workshop. Click here to give your input.